Thank you everyone. By the way, i've not forgotten anyone who has asked me for pics, i'll be going the LRO again in the next couple of weeks.

Hunter street in the 1960s.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a 1922 aerial shot of the splendour of William Brown street with its civic buildings and behind it the congested slums, terraces and cellar dwellings. You can easily see the L shaped friends meeting house with the graveyard to its side.

Looking down Hunter street on 4th November (bommie night eve) 1986. The little slip road to the right led into Gerard Gardens from Hunter street and above this arch stood the hod carrier sculpture, a copy of which stands on Hunter street now. This is just before these blocks bit the dust to allow the widening of Hunter street and again, with the flyover still in situ as a reference point, you can see just how much of the old tennies site is now taken up by those extra lanes that go both down and up from where this pic was taken.

All pics on this thread: B&W pics LRO. Colour pics City Enginners Dept except for 3rd one up (Hunter st in the 1960s) which is from Colin Wilkinson's site 'Liverpool Streets'.